Change font size
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:47 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: 15 Years of NiGHTS into Dreams
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:32 pm 

July 5 2011 marks the 15 year anniversary for NiGHTS into Dreams!

Feel free to post your experiences with the game and how you were introduced to it.

I will be posting a video tonight showcasing the highlights of the Sega Saturn game, and I want to say thanks again to the great community that I've met through NiGHTS.

Below is what I posted over on nightsintodreams.com in this topic.

15 years ago...wow...that feels like a long time. I would have been 11 years old, just a couple years before high school, trying to figure out who I was and who my true friends were.

In terms of gaming I never had a Sega console, with the exception of my brother's Game Gear. The consoles we owned were NES and SNES (the original Mario Kart is still my all time favourite!). One of my friends would rent consoles from time to time and I remember him bringing over the Sega Saturn with NiGHTS into Dreams. I would have only played it for a short amount of time but I remember it being so bizarre that it stuck in my mind for years to come.

October 2007 is when I got back into NiGHTS. I remembered playing some 3D game where I would fly through rings and collect blue balls, specifically Soft Museum, but for the life of me I couldn't remember what it was called. Somehow, I think with the help of my brother, I remembered that it was called NiGHTS, so I went on to eBay to buy the system and game to see what it was all about.

I had no idea what to expect, and even when I started playing it I had no idea what was going on, but after a few hours I started getting the hang of it. To learn more about the game I found this community as well as the Scoreattack community. Once I learned about the gameplay and the addictive scoring system I was hooked and starting playing every night, week after week to improve my scores. The amount of depth in the game just blew me away and it still does today. Not long after I was getting high scores and finding ways to share my videos with the world. It was pretty cool that I could enjoy a game that was over 10 years old and still discovering things as a community.

I have met so many genuine friends through the NiGHTS community, which I can't say about any other community, and it's something that keeps my drive and desire to keep NiGHTS alive.

Post subject: Re: 15 Years of NiGHTS into Dreams
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:55 pm 

Didn't you buy Burning Rangers on eBay as well? Because that game is expensive due to being released when the system was dying, with House Of The Dead, Panzer Dragoon Saga, even Magic Knight Rayearth.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:07 pm 

Yeah I did get Burning Rangers as well. Somehow I managed to get a good deal on it, but I still need to play it more.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:35 pm 

It's great you got a good deal on a rare and expensive game. On Youtube, you might consider commenting and checking out my NiGHTs and Burning Rangers song videos, with Sonic and Ecco.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]