Change font size
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:32 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: NiGHTS into Dreams hd
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:32 am 

i noticed that the new version NiGHTS into Dreams is like the ps2 one because when you defeat a boss and goes into saying result on top i can tell that score is adding up faster while the Saturn version add it up slow and if you luckily enough if you beat the Gulpo in Saturn version it will go even slower for when it said result on top i saw in bosses video that you made

Last edited by nsm0220 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: NiGHTS into Dreams hd
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:11 pm 

I've noticed a few things that are from the ps2 version as well like the way NiGHTS flails his arms when on the ground or ceiling, and the way the dash panels work (doesn't look like you can paraloop the big tree in mare 2 of Spring Valley).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:54 pm 

the ps3 version just came out

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:24 pm 

I just got home and I'm in the process of downloading the 2GB file :) It might take some time before I can play it though as I've also got plans for the night. I'll try to post my opinions on it as soon as I can.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:38 pm 

Just posted this on the nightsintodreams.com forums and thought I'd post it here as well...

I just finished my first playthrough of the game (except for xmas NiGHTS) and I hate to say it, but I cannot stand the controls. As much as I love NiGHTS and want to talk highly of it, if this was the original release of the game I would have stopped playing it after a few minutes. There is no comparison to the controls on the original sega saturn.

I'm hoping someone else can confirm this for me, but when I use the PS3 controller it seems like NiGHTS only moves in increments of about 20 degrees. It almost seems like it was programmed to fly in straight lines to make it easier for people...there is no way I could fly this straight on the sega saturn...

If you go perfectly straight to the right and then slowly move the analog stick up or down there will be no change in NiGHTS movement until you reach sometimes 45 degrees.

There were so many times in the last hour or so that I missed a link, a chip, or a link ball because the controls were not responsive enough.

I hope that the 360 version doesn't have this issue because I honestly cannot play this game. I'm going to check the PS2 version and see if it was this bad...

The fact that I've already yelled out in frustration at this game is disappointing...

I wish I had better things to say...the resolution of the game is the only nice thing about it, along with features like restarting a dream straight from the pause menu.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:18 am 

charlie wrote:
Just posted this on the nightsintodreams.com forums and thought I'd post it here as well...

I just finished my first playthrough of the game (except for xmas NiGHTS) and I hate to say it, but I cannot stand the controls. As much as I love NiGHTS and want to talk highly of it, if this was the original release of the game I would have stopped playing it after a few minutes. There is no comparison to the controls on the original sega saturn.

I'm hoping someone else can confirm this for me, but when I use the PS3 controller it seems like NiGHTS only moves in increments of about 20 degrees. It almost seems like it was programmed to fly in straight lines to make it easier for people...there is no way I could fly this straight on the sega saturn...

If you go perfectly straight to the right and then slowly move the analog stick up or down there will be no change in NiGHTS movement until you reach sometimes 45 degrees.

There were so many times in the last hour or so that I missed a link, a chip, or a link ball because the controls were not responsive enough.

I hope that the 360 version doesn't have this issue because I honestly cannot play this game. I'm going to check the PS2 version and see if it was this bad...

The fact that I've already yelled out in frustration at this game is disappointing...

I wish I had better things to say...the resolution of the game is the only nice thing about it, along with features like restarting a dream straight from the pause menu.

let me take a look at this

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:00 pm 

the xbox 360 version of NiGHTS into Dreams just came out today

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:22 pm 

SEGA released a patch today for the 360 and PS3 that fixes the analog and speed issues! I can honestly say that this game now controls like the Sega Saturn. Sure there are a few differences that haven't been fixed, like the green boost panels or they way NiGHTS collides with ceilings and floors, but those are minor issues. The core controls and gameplay are now smooth and effortless. It's an absolute joy to play this game now! I will be working on my scores now :)

EDIT: The PS3 isn't actually updated yet...hopefully in the next week or so...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:20 pm 

btw im trying to do boss time attacks on the 360

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]